Entry # 3: Simple Taste

Christmas Snow Wallpapers - Top Free Christmas Snow Backgrounds -  WallpaperAccess



 Simple Taste
    I open the pantry door, searching for something that can fill my empty mouth but my full stomach after dinner. I look around, see a bowl piled with all kinds of the most wonderful snacks Smarties, KitKat, JollyRancher, and so on, but none of them could meet my requirement. Until my sight attracted by a round, flat, tiny cylinder shape. It's wrapped in a clear package, so I can see the color. It has a white center and with red stripes at the side of the cylinder shape, looks like a bright star is shining red light, this classic color combination makes me think about Christmas.
    I picked it out from all the other colorful packages, it feels colder than the temperature of my hand and feels a little bit sticky because of the thin plastic wrap touching sweat on my palm. I can't wait for any longer, speedy untwisted the two sides of the package, the rustles sound made by the texture of the plastic wrap is especially pleasing to my ears. I threw the piece in my mouth, sweetness spread around my tongue, follow up with a cooling sensation. I cannot figure out the coolness is the taste felt from my taste buds or a drop of temperature felt from my nerves. It isn't as hot as hot pepper or as cold as an ice cube, it is just the right chill, like the first bite of watermelon just came out of the refrigerator or a soft breeze blow through my cheek during the fall, I move it around with my tongue to let every corner of my mount know it's refreshing flavor. After it had flipped countless times, it finally melted and gone. Only left with the last bit of a cool feel in my mouth. Disappointment and desire are diving me to have another one. "Just one more", until I tell myself "You can't have any more of this today!".

Comments

  1. I really liked how you described the temperature of the packaging of the mint. That gave a good visualization of the whole container. The words you used to describe the cylinder shape was very descriptive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The is the best entry I have read thus far! Your picture is a great description! Your leading up to the eating of the mint candy was very compelling. Your show and don't tell of the actual eating of the candy did it for me. Your illustration was impressive! The "just one more" was also an eye catcher! Keep up the GREAT work Wennan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Absolutley love how you described the cooling sense the mints gave being the spicy bite of mint but at the same time a feeling of icey freshness. The way you had also described the packaging it came in, what i could see being a small piece of waxy paper that it was wrapped in and the crinkling it would make was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #4. Howl's Moving Castle

Entry # 6 How to Use iPad as A Study Tool

Entry #10. Mad Cow Disease