Entry #1. Discuss About Blogs

Entry #1. Discuss About Blogs
    
    There are many blogs you can find online, and the reason you will read through those blogs is because there is something it attracts you, like the colors, the format, and most importantly the content. Today, I am going to discuss about threes blogs I read, talk about pros and cons of all their aspects.

#1
The first blog is Fast Company, it's a blog include design, technology, and some news. I like this blog because of the creative images it uses, and the format it has for different topics. When I open this blog, a big colorful picture appears on the screen grabbed my attention, then it leads me to the  topic words.


Also, the blog home page organized very well. First ,there are four hottest topics at the top of its page. Then I can scroll down, I will see all the news are at the right side of the page, and twos eye-catching topics at the right side with vivid images. If I keep looking down at the page, I will see more articles given to me, all articles has clear words with space that makes you read comfortably and with pictures to increase your interests. The purpose of this blog is to inform and interpret things happened like news, for example, in Fast Company "MacDonald's is testing a new system of reusable, returnable coffee cups". This author also put out another link this a about zero-waist, the author uses neutral words to describe this news. 

#2
Another blog I really like is Mashable, this is a multi-platform and entertainment blog. It attracts me by the use of words on each topics it has, like "freakish" and "nightmare". Also, I like how the blog page organized, it has its most breaking topic on top, with new, rising,  and hot topics when scroll down, all topics has a little picture go with it, you can know what's the most popular topic instantly.


If I click one of the articles, it will show a big title at the top with a video, this cool thing is, as I scroll pass the video, the videos itself will go to the right side of the article, so I can't listen to the video while I am reading the article. I between the article's paragraphs, there are people's posts' from Twitter that are relevant to the topic. For example, one article from Mashable, "How freakish weather just came alive in the west". The purpose of this blog is send message to people, the authors use neutral dictions to talk about events, to share fun and interesting stuff with each other.

#3
The last blog I am going to talk about is call The Big Cheeseburger, it is for people sharing their life. My first impression on this blog was too great, half of the screen was covered with ads, readers won't have a refreshing feeling by look at its blog page. 


Also, the context isn't what I will usually will read about personally, I do not have a lot of interest to know about other people's life, for the audience that are enjoying to know about others could visit The Big Cheeseburger if you don't mind the advertisements. This blog doesn't have a comfortable format, posts from people show in the middle of the screen, some of the posts are screenshot and some are words and picture, also, the "view list" covers in front of picture make the page even more confuse. The purpose of this blog page is for people to discuss, comment, share their life, or talk about their feelings. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #4. Howl's Moving Castle

Entry # 6 How to Use iPad as A Study Tool

Entry #10. Mad Cow Disease